Saturday, November 19, 2005

chapter 1 - resumen

Chapter 1 talked about 2 different kinds of multi-exposures, (1) many exposures of the same subject, slightly off register for each subsequent exposure; (2) two or more exposures of different subjets.

Both methods use a single piece of film for the result (no sandwiching). The first and biggest problem is that neither method can be replicated in digital camera at this time. So the question for me immediately became, can I replicate results using digital camera methods, and how.

The answer for me is, "No, I can't. Not really. It's not the same."

But what I can work on is the ideas behind these multiple exposure images. I can work on textures and beautiful soft images, create mood, make dream/nightmare composites, work on abstracting what really makes something what it is. For the ideas it doesn't matter whether it's film or digital.

Anyway, these are my thoughts at the end of chapter 1. And a couple more experiments:



"driving by the cinema"


"first snow"


"salud"

3 Comments:

At 7:33 PM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

Another 3 stunning images.

Is the 'first snow' image a multiple exposure ?

 
At 10:36 PM PST, Blogger ursula said...

Thank you.

Yes, "first snow" is 2 images, one of a ridge of pines with new snow, the other of a mountainside with mixed trees and brownish growth, also with new snow. The ridge is part of the backside of Red Mountain by Rossland (the backside of the ski resort), the second picture is about 20 kilometres away, by Nancy Greene Pass (I don't know the name of that mountain).

I cheated though, it wasn't the first snow, it was about third or so.

 
At 5:22 PM PST, Blogger chris martin said...

Here I love the first and the third images. I just can't see the effect on the second one. For me, the third one is truly striking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home