Tuesday, November 22, 2005

cloudy tuesday

"frost"


Composite of two images made seconds apart, one in focus normal exposure, the second completely out of focus exposure set to F +1. I am trying to imitate one of the effects talked about in Chapter 2. The two images were blended as follows:

  1. base layer (in focus photo) at 100%
  2. second layer (out of focus photo) at 100% in soft light
  3. third layer (out of focus photo again) at 50% in normal

As usual, comments, suggestions for improvement, ideas are welcome.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM PST, Blogger Neil said...

I like the effect here. I've done this technique with long exposures--shoot in focus and while exposed, change the ring. I'll have to try it with a double layer too!

 
At 12:56 PM PST, Blogger ursula said...

Thank you, Neil. I've never tried it "in camera", never thought of it. Your idea is great - I will try that also.

 
At 9:37 PM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - that's breathtaking. Beautiful light in the final image. I've seen this one in focus/ one out of focus technique used a lot on flowers and find it starts getting a bit cliched there, but this is exceptionally good in this case.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home